[AT] spark plug thread repair and ford 3000 fuel pump pressure

Don Bowen don.bowen at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 21 21:03:12 PDT 2010

I am about to head back to the Ozarks in a couple of months.  There are
a couple of projects waiting me.

One is my '65 Ford 3000.  The last time I ran the tractor it needed
almost full choke to get any power.  I checked for fuel flow and cleaned
two of its three filters.  I suspect either the tank filter is plugged
or the fuel pump is bad.  I would like to take an electric fuel pump
with me for testing so does anyone have a recommendation on the pump
pressure?

Second project is a friends chainsaw with a stripped spark plug thread.
He could not tell me the name of the saw or the plug size.  What are the
typical small engine spark plug thread sizes and depths?  I do have some
from my days of repairing Corvairs but being in remote areas of the
Ozarks it would seem that a selection of common sizes would be good to
have on hand.

--
Don Bowen           KI6DIU