[AT] Spam> Re: What's the "rarest" tractor you own?

David Myers walking_tractor at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 21 19:45:40 PDT 2010

My favorite is my I-4 International, with an O-4 serial number and "factory" fenders.  The fenders are technically factory, being shop-built at the Fort Wayne truck plant, so they are 'one off'
I have a Blackhawk walking tractor from 1943 with steel grousers that clamp on to the conventional drop-center pneumatic wheel rims.
And then I have a Mercury tug tractor (airport type), vintage unknown, with a Ford 'B' engine, a Kincade garden tractor and the engine and trans from a 1924 Chevy Superior.
All except the I-4 are projects that await attention above being sprayed periodicaly with penetrant.
I don't just collect 'rare' stuff, I have a lot that's real common also.  I only collect that which catches my eye or (better yet) is REALLY inexpensive, or free.  Free is good.
Biggest problem?  To many projects, not enough lifetimes.  What's a guy to do?

David