[AT] What's the "rarest" tractor you own?

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Wed Apr 21 16:08:33 PDT 2010

I've got one of the few,  54 I think,  single front wheel AC D-14's.  Sadly,
by the time I waited 15 years for the old man to decide to sell it to me he
died and I bought it from his family, it was a basket case and I haven't
done a thing to it since I bought it except patch the tube and pump up the
front tire.  The Engine is stuck tight and so is the transmission from
sitting in a field for 20+ years with half the hood off and the spark plugs
out of it.  The old fellow parked it, he said, because it turned over too
easy and was dangerous.  It was in great shape when he parked it.
I pulled the belt pully assembly off of it and was going to put it on
another tractor but when I got it off it and the inside of the housing
looked like they were brand new so I bolted it back together.  So I guess
the front and rear are trashed and the middle is in good shape.   One of
these days I've got to start to work on it.

Charlie