[AT] What's the "rarest" tractor you own?

fayguyma at execpc.com fayguyma at execpc.com
Wed Apr 21 15:03:24 PDT 2010

For me, it's not a tractor but a piece of construction equipment, a Carr
Formagrader. Know of about three left, includnig mine. It was a machine
that would take the drorn out of a dirt road and move it to the side,
molding the dirt into a rail that the concrete machine would ride on.
Obviously, not something in real need anymore. Don't know how many were
built, but from looking at a parts book, I don't thing there were two
alike.

I have a "rare" Farmall C that fits into the
white demonstrator serial range, but doesn't have a scrap of white paint
on it. However, it was Grandpa's tractor, and that makes it truly
rare.

> Interesting thread.  For me
it's a 1948 Case VAH, the high-crop version
> of the

VAC.  Good little tractor and the very one I'd grown up on,
but I'm
> actually
> preparing to sell it.
It's up at my dad's farm where I rarely get to
> give it
> any attention, and it's in his way, and he's getting well on in
years.  I
> figure
> it's time to let it go
to somebody who can give it what it needs (which is
> rather a
lot).

> Dean Vinson
> Dayton,
Ohio
> www.vinsonfarm.net
>

> On April 21, 2010 at 8:41 PM jahaze at aol.com wrote:
>
>> I'm asking this question because I get so tried of
all classified ads
>> that ask
>> inflated sums of
money for a "rare" tractor that they only made 15,000
>> of, or
>> something like that.  I know
it doesn't really matter, but I thought it
>> would
>> be interesting to see whats actually out there.  In
reality, aren't all
>> of our
>> tractors
"one of a kind" as no two have been modified by the previous
>> owner's
>> exactly the same.
>>
>> For me it's a UG Mineapolis Moline, one of only 100 built
(mine's
>> #79).  I
>> also have an
old style Oliver 88, one of 1,200.  Everything else is
>> run-of-the-mill generic stuff.

Enjoy, Joe