[Farmall] Super M Fan Belt

dean at vinsonfarm.net dean at vinsonfarm.net
Tue Apr 20 21:08:12 PDT 2010

Hi Richard.  Here's how I've done it:

Take the plugs out to release compression (and avoid ignition), put the tractor
in neutral, set the brakes.  Take the belt off the generator pulley to get it
out of your way.

Tilt a screwdriver or something between the fan belt and the fan pulley and
rotate the fan by hand until the belt rides up and over the edge of the pulley
and onto the smaller-diameter neck closer to the fan itself.  That should give
you enough slack to pull the bottom of the belt off of the engine pulley.

Once the belt is only around the fan itself, you can work it past the fan blades
one at a time.  On my M there's a good place to do that down low on the right
side, above the lower radiator hose--there's enough room between the fan shroud
and the edges of the fan to get the belt past.

Putting the new one on is just the reverse.  It's been a couple years since I
did this but it worked fine for me.  Hope it turns out to be of some use for you
too!

Dean Vinson
Dayton, Ohio
www.vinsonfarm.net