[AT] Craigslist ads (was Re: Some ads from the 4/17 Lancaster Farming

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Mon Apr 19 04:43:17 PDT 2010

I don't mind the poor spelling and bad grammar on Craigslist as much as
the awful images. I don't understand how people can expect to attract
buyers to a tractor or implement that is selling for hundreds or
thousands of dollars with a picture that is just barely identifiable.
The state of digital photography is such that even a cellphone camera
can do a credible job, given some light and focus (and minimal
composition). I don't expect "National Geographic" magazine quality, but
I like to see what it is that is being sold. During the winter, I often
see images of tractors and implements almost completely covered in snow
(especially from Western NY!) - how much effort would it take to use a
broom to sweep the snow off? I suppose that a poor picture might be an
attempt to hide serious defects (and that is my assumption and why I
pass immediately on such offers).

Mike