[Farmall] Quick Question...

Ben Wagner ben at olde-books.com
Tue Apr 13 06:13:25 PDT 2010

E. John Puckett wrote:
> All of the tractors I have ever seen the lights will operate without the
> engine running.  If you have just painted it, you may not have good
> grounds.  Depending on which model you have, there is a 20 amp fuse on
> the back of the light switch that is bad to corrode up and cause the
> lights not to work.
>
> Ben Wagner wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Should the lights be able to come on when my Farmall tractor is not
>> running?  I am trying to test my wiring without starting the engine,
>> since the engine can't start yet and I might need to order a time
>> limited part.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ben Wagner

I have plenty of "what ifs" as to what could be wrong.  Before I began
restoring, the generator was dead, there was no fuse, and the wiring
was, to put it mildly, in the last stages of complete disintegration.
The gentleman I bought it from claimed that the light switch was bad.  I
am trying to test the light switch, and I have bought a new fuse.  I
just hope my light switch works.

Thanks,
Ben Wagner