[Farmall] Touch Control Hydraulic Oil

Barney Van De Weert bbvande at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 8 18:29:02 PDT 2010

I was told a while back that all hydraulic oil is based on 10 Wt engine oil w/ additives for pressure, foaming and each manufactures recommendation. Back when I was in college, my professor did a comparison of oils. At that time IH Hy Tran came out on top for Hi Temp, Low Temp and other properties. I realize that in 30 years things change, but I think that HI Hy Tran would be better that eng oil simply due to it going into a hydraulic system vs. an engine.

Botton line is that any oil is better than non at all-
 Barney Van De Weert
3828 Heartwood St
Uniontown OH 44685

bbvande at yahoo.com