[AJD] Nozzle

WALTER ERNST,JR. wernst at htdconnect.com
Thu Apr 8 09:23:30 PDT 2010

Hello

I'm looking for a little information.  This is my first attempt at redoing the engine on my JD B.  #B 235460. I took apart the Carburetor Cleaned it and following the diagram started to put it back together.  I thought I was missing a nozzle which fits in the bowl which has a spring and plug keeping it in the right position.  Bought a new one and was attempting to put in when I found the missing nozzle stuck up in the carburetor.  It would now move.  What is the purpose of this nozzle. If it does not come out do I have to carefully drill it out or may I leave it in and how will it affect the running of the tractor if I do leave it in? Thanks for any help in this matter.

Walt Ernst(known as Junior for the last 72 years)