[AT] ROPS

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Tue Apr 6 10:34:49 PDT 2010

charliehill wrote:
> A drag racing buddy of mine told me race cars are supposed to use seamless
> chrome molly tubing for their roll cages and there is a minimum wall
> thickness but I can't tell you off hand what it is.  I don't know if NASCAR,
> NHRA and the others all use the same specs or not.

Most of the different organizations have rules about what you can/can't
do with cages. The problem is that some tracks don't follow them. Some
just sort of look in the door and see if there is something that looks
like a cage and call it OK...  Not a good thing but when they are self
regulated it makes it hard to make them change, until something bad
happens to force a change.

--
Steve W.
(\___/)