[AT] Oh No! Did I buy the wrong wiring harness?

Ben Wagner ben at olde-books.com
Mon Apr 5 16:54:48 PDT 2010

Hello everyone.  It's Ben Wagner with another question.  I can't believe
how much I am learning from your knowledge and experience, and so here I
go again with another need for that knowledge.

I purchased the wiring harness for my Super A from Steiner's based on my
serial number.  And yes, that is right!  My problem comes now, when I
just bought a generator and voltage regulator.  The harness I bought
(and installed on the tractor) says it is for a "relay" while the one
for the newer serial number is for a "regulator" which I assume to mean
a voltage regulator.  HOWEVER, my generator was the voltage regulator on
the top, while others seem to have it on the bottom.

Did I buy the right one?  I can't figure out what a "relay" is.  If I
didn't buy the right one can I adapt the one I have to the one for a
voltage regulator?

While I am putting this thing together again, I hope everyone doesn't
mind the idiotic questions I delight in sending you.  I have a few more
coming!

Thanks in advance for your help,
Ben Wagner