[AT] Pertronix ignition (was Re: (no subject)

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Mon Apr 5 14:45:32 PDT 2010

I have installed Pertronix ignition modules in half a dozen IH tractors
and one Ford 860. In every case, the performance, fuel consumption, and
reliability improved significantly. If they weren't so expensive, that
would be the first thing I would do to any tractor I bought.

<http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/farmall_340/petronixignition2.html>

It should be noted that the piece that fits over the distributor shaft
is a very tight fit and sometimes takes a little extra effort to get it
all the way down. Failure to seat that piece will definitely result in
poor performance or no start.

Mike