[AT] Case VAC HP

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 16:11:44 PDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 1:00 PM, Gene Dotson <gdotsly at watchtv.net> wrote:
>    Farmer;
>    The Gasoline engine was tested at Nebraska at 20.06 HP and low cost fuel
> was 16.98 hp. 12.54 and 15.00 drawbar. An overbore sleeve set is available
> and usually nets about 22 horsepower.
>
>    I know in my soil the VAC would not handle 2x14 plows at more than 5
> inches deep. Your soil may vary, but I suspect not that much.
>
>                                                                        Gene

Thanks Gene.
I also found two different serial # lists that didn't match each other
on years. My VAC is # VAC5358140
What year does your chart say that is?
I don't expect to get to it before early spring but I want it running
by late spring. About all it has as an engine is an empty block, no
crank, pistons etc or clutch/flywheel. I do have the head and it has a
water pump on the engine block. I'm not sure but I may have the
manifold too. The PO had just stuck a block (different color) with a
crack in it in to hold the front end so it could be moved around. I
have no idea where the original engine went for sure but suspect that
it might have gone into the tractor that the cracked block came out
of. The guy had a bunch of old tractors. If I can shake loose a few
extra $$$ this fall I may start looking for another one and use the
two to make one.
It would be nice if I could find one pretty reasonable that had good
tires. My rims are all very good but the rubber wouldn't hold cats let
alone air.  :-)

--
Have you hugged your horses today?

Francis Robinson