[AT] Case VAH steering disassembly

Frank Vantacich rustymetal at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 26 21:24:48 PDT 2009

I have a bad bind in the steering on a VAH and have narrowed it down to the "steering spindle arm shaft". I have a service and parts manual but it does not describe how to remove this shaft. I have removed the entire front support casting and have removed the nuts on both ends of the spindle arm shaft. Do I have to remove the upper steering arm first, if so how is this done I can not get a puller around it, then either pound or press the shaft out? Does it come out the top or bottom of the assembly?

Thanks for the help!

Frank V.  rustymetal at sbcglobal.net