[Farmall] [Update] Super A engine trouble...

Greg Holmes nycsfan at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 25 12:58:20 PDT 2009

First, thanks to all who replied with teh helpful comments.

Yes, he did put oil into the cylinder and pressure barely improved. We've discussed the possibility of doing the valves and/or replacing the head gasket. Cost now in the $1k range if we get all the valves worked up and replace the head gasket.

Since a home remodeling job takes precedence, I'm going to delay repairs and bring the tractor back home. I'll do the plug change and de-gunk restoration and see what we get in the meantime...

Thanks

Greg