[AT] Cat D7E

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Thu Sep 24 03:34:50 PDT 2009

The Case/IH dealer picked up my JX85 to install a loader yesterday.
Seems they are needing business and he would install the loader for free
now..  So, I bit...  However, his driver was talking about the problems
with working on these Tier3 engines and the cost to operate.  He said
that Cat had quit building Truck engines..  As far as I was concerned
they might as well have.  I had a 3126E 300hp in a boom truck That would
not pull a 4% grade at 70mph with a tailwind, and a mile downhill head
start...  However I have a 70's 3208 that will run circles around any
other truck I have...

It is interesting that Cat is now using the LeTourneau concept in this
new dozer.  I thought years ago that LeTourneau was ahead of its time...

Cecil in OKla