[Farmall] Super A engine trouble...

E. John Puckett ejpuckett at centurytel.net
Fri Sep 18 06:22:32 PDT 2009

Did he run compression check on all cylinders?  From what you have
posted, I would suspect bad or stuck rings on the one cylinder.  A valve
would cause the low compression, but not the oil fouling, unless the
guide was badly worn.  At this time he is right, a tear down and
inspection is needed.  If compression on all cylinders is good, you do
not have to do a full overhaul, but if the engine is generally worn and
you use it quite a bit, that is probably the best way to go.