[AT] Spam> JD H

Dave Ernst shop at cccomm.net
Thu Sep 17 07:34:10 PDT 2009

Is it electric or hand start?
Look at the bottom radiator pipe. Is the cast elbow coming out of the head
straight and short and the pipe going under the crossmember below the air
cleaner? If it is then it is a early one. They were first made in 1939 and
after serial number 27000 the cast pipe was almost full length between the
head and radiator. That is the easiest way to tell. A lot of the early hand
crank ones were converted to electric start so don't use that as an
indication of its age.
Dave