[AT] Trailer brake controler

Roy Morgan k1lky at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 15 20:36:46 PDT 2009

On Sep 15, 2009, at 5:11 PM, metz-h.b at mindspring.com wrote:...
> The pull wire must be reconnected to the trailer after disconnecting
> everything; if not reconnected, your battery will completely discharge
> because there is a small current draw to keep the brakes locked.

Herb,

I'm pretty sure that the pull wire on my trailer is a mechanical
lanyard not an electrical connection that pulls out a switch that
closes if the trailer separates from the truck.  I will investigate
further, but I think the battery in there has no current draw until
the pull wire pulls out the switch plug thing.

Roy Morgan
k1lky at earthlink.net
529 Cobb St.
Groton NY, 13073