[AT] OT - Malware blocking program

Dave Merchant kosh at ncweb.com
Wed Sep 9 22:05:46 PDT 2009

Why, when I started out we didn't have one's and zeroes,
we had to use L's and O's.

There were 8" floppies before the 5.25", looked the same only bigger.

Same notebook cover type stiff sheet plastic enclosure as the 5.25",
almost always black.

I have a couple of them around here somewhere.

The 3.5" in the molded case were a huge step forward,
haven't used one of them in a couple years.
Earliest of them were ~700 KB, then upgraded to 1.4MB.

I started work in 1966 writing NC postprocessor software with
cards and paper tape, used most of the progression of DEC
removable disks like RK05 and the multi-platter cake cover disks etc.

First machine after college was IBM 1620, 2K decimal digits + punch cards.

VT-52, VT-100, EDT, etc.

All C++ now....

Dave Merchant