[Farmall] New '47 H

a_dickinson at att.net a_dickinson at att.net
Wed Sep 9 11:21:58 PDT 2009

I have a NO.31 on my '52 H and use it quite a bit. The H has a narrow front
without power steering, no loaded tires, one set of weights, wheels out
aways, and lift-all powering it. It works great for what it is (trip bucket,
power up, non-live power). I have used it to load some fairly heavy logs to
go to a sawmill, up to eight bundles of shingles at a time on to a roof
(didn't lack power just hard to steer and hard on the front tires), and of
course dirt, snow, and multch. Here at our place in Michigan the terrain is
fairly flat and I haven't had any trouble with the tractor wanting to pick
up/roll, but a good dose of common sence goes a long way (keep load down
low, speed down, slow turns, etc.)
If I had a picture I would share it, but it is very simular to John
Puckett's Model 30 picture. Incidently my loader was aquired from another
list member Stan Bass. Thanks Stan, loader is still working great and I
finially got the tine cover made for it.
Aaron Dickinson
Mason, MI
1940 Farmall A
1946 John Deere B