[AT] Case VAH won't run; carb issues /followup post

Easley, Greg EasleyG at health.missouri.edu
Tue Sep 1 06:14:59 PDT 2009

I would add that on the Marvel-Schebler carbs it's almost impossible to
get all the junk out without
removing the metering stem from the bowl casting.  Those can be tough to
remove, and they will snap
off if you're not careful.  I use a small welding tip in the acetylene
torch and apply heat to the
bowl casting around the metering stem, never to the metering stem
itself.  It usually doesn't take
a lot of heat to melt the varnish around the metering stem threads.

Greg
http://www.geocities.com/heartland/woods/1416