[AT] TMCOTKU tractor count is down by one.

Al Jones farmallsupera at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 19 14:11:12 PDT 2009

Well yes, they cast a very similar shadow.  But the IH was built so much
better.  I believe you could drop a 424 or 444 IH off the side of the grand
canyon, and once it hit bottom, you could crank it up and drive it out.
(Unless it landed in the river in which case you would have to dry it out
first!)  Then, you got an 8 speed transmission.  And better hydraulics. Etc.

What I have been trying to say is, Ford/ Ferg. might have pioneered the
small, light weight, low-bodied tractor, but IH, JD, and others "refined"
it and made it something way more useful. With the other choices on the
market now, similarly priced, and many now old enough to be called a
"classic," I just can't understand why somebody would spend the money on
the Ferd/Furg.

But, to each his own! :)

Al