[AT] OT... sort of

Larry Goss rlgoss at insightbb.com
Sun Oct 18 20:27:36 PDT 2009

I saw a report concerning DVD conversion from VHS and digital video cameras that suggested that it is better to buy cheaper equipment for this process than to go "high end"  An El Cheapo DVD burner from a big box store will not have all the safeguards built into it that impede the process.  They specifically recommended spending no more than $100 for a unit.

So I bought an El Cheapo unit from Cicruit City before they went out of business.  It will take ANY input you can hook to it with off-the-shelf patch cables, and it burns anything to a DVD regardless of the format of the original.

A friend of mine was trying to burn double-sided DVD's -- but he didn't buy double-sided disks!  His wife, an HH Gregg salesman, nor I, could convince him that he HAD to buy double-sided disks to get the length of program recorded that he was hoping to get.

Larry