[AT] Boiled Peanuts

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Thu Oct 29 19:42:59 PDT 2009

Larry Goss wrote:
> LOL!  Peanuts will "do that" to you regardless of how they are
> prepared, Al.Â
>
> On one or our nearly annual trips to Poland, I bought a liter of
> Black Currant juice in a cafeteria once and the cashier wasn't too
> sure she should sell it to me.  Her question to me was, "Do you
> realize what that will do?"Â  She was relieved when we told her it
> was going to be split three ways.
>
> The juice has a unique flavor and is so popular that it's considered
> the unofficial national drink of Poland.  LOT airlines serves it on
> their domestic and International flights, and it is available in
> groceries and restaurants everywhere.
>
> Judicious use of Black Currant juice and peanuts will keep your
> intestines acting like they should when traveling even when Activia
> isn't available.
>
> Larry

Is the Black Currant a relative of the Red Variety? I know a few berries
that share common names even though some of the variants will kill you!!

My all time favorite jelly for toast/meat topping is Red Currant jelly.
I have been slowly working on getting some established here along with
elderberries and raspberries. The only problem is that you have to STOP
the birds from beating you to the crop!

--
Steve W.