[AT] Powerpoint question

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Wed Oct 28 15:59:02 PDT 2009

I haven't had to ask a computer question on this list in a while.  I know
you guys miss helping me so here goes.

I don't have powerpoint on this computer but I do have the MS Powerpoint
viewer.  Used to when I got a .pps file I could click on it and it would
open.  Well a while back that stopped working.  Now if I click to open a
.pps file from an e-mail I get an error (file association) message.  I have
to save the file to my hard drive, then open it from the hard drive.  I've
set the associations the only way I know how, by right clicking the file
name on the hard drive and telling it to always open with powerpoint viewer
but it still will not open directly from the e-mail message in outlook
express.  I can't figure out how to fix it.

Charlie