[AT] A question for the electrical wizards

Dave Merchant kosh at ncweb.com
Tue Oct 27 21:14:46 PDT 2009

Best bet is to run a ground wire to each of the devices.

They originally depended on metal to metal contact via
the screws + bolts holding it together to provide the ground.
Once these + the surrounding metal corrode, no juice gets thru.

Some years ago I hard wired grounds to the lights on my hauling trailer,
made a huge difference.

Easiest way is to get a crimper kit with connectors at an auto parts place.
Connectors have color coded sleeves to show what size wire
they are made for.

On a tractor note, guess how much fiddling and point cleaning I did
on my 8N last week, before I put a meter across the dead key switch.

Dave Merchant