[AT] Trailer safety chains?

Larry Goss rlgoss at insightbb.com
Mon Oct 26 09:10:48 PDT 2009

On my dual axle trailer, the chains are too long, but it's a simple thing to slip the S-hooks through the eye on the hitch and double it back so it hooks to itself.  That way the length of the chain is always right.  Originally, the bend of the closed end of the S-hook was too large to slip through the eye on the hitch, but a little modification with a BFH (AKA, a 16# sledge) took care of that problem.

Larry