[AT] Trailer safety chains?

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Mon Oct 26 07:34:03 PDT 2009

If you don't cross them, the distance between the attachment points gets
longer as you turn and they can pull too short.  That applies even if hooked
to the bottom of the tongue.  If they are crossed the distance between the
attachment points shortens or remains constant (depending on how you have
them attached) through the turn and your chains are always long enough.

Charlie