[AT] Trailer safety chains?

Paul Waugh pwaugh at embarqmail.com
Mon Oct 26 07:28:14 PDT 2009

I did not understand this either, I mean, trailer was chained!!  It is a
safety issue.  When chains are crossed they make a 'cradle' for the tongue
to fall into, holding the tongue up.  It works. I hooked up in the dark and
did not do it right. 20 miles down the road, trailer came off ball, tongue
was cradled, break away brake came on. I had pretty good control at 60 mph.
No damage, hooked up right and went on.

Paul - IN