[AT] new project

Roy Morgan k1lky at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 24 21:04:38 PDT 2009

On Oct 24, 2009, at 6:28 PM, Al Jones wrote:
> Check with Binderbooks.com for manuals, and Ken Updike at www.cngco.com
>  if
> you need help with parts, assuming you don't have a caseIH dealer
> close.

My '51IHC  W-4 is similar to your tractor (but has the wide front
end), I'm told. I got nice manuals from Binderbooks.  Good products.
I did not get the transmission overhaul manual (separate, I think)
because I hope to not have to do that for some time!  The cost of the
operators, maintenance and parts manuals is more than a dinner out,
but the advice I got was to get all three.

I got advice from a nearby long-time IH sales and maintenance guy that
there are a couple of grease fittings near the water pump and fan that
some folks either don't  know about, or don't take the time to get to.

My muffler pipe needs to either get welded to the manifold, or be
replaced and the manifold re-threaded to take the new part.  And I
think I need to rebuild the carburetor.

> The forum at www.redpowermagazine.com is another good source of
> information.

I'll check in on that one.. I can use lots of lore and advice.

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky at earthlink.net
529 Cobb St.