[AT] new project

Al Jones farmallsupera at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 24 15:28:57 PDT 2009

Slot was for the arm for a shifting gang cultivator, IH had (and you can
get in the reproduction parts market) a cover that fit over the hole.

Check with Binderbooks.com for manuals, and Ken Updike at www.cngco.com if
you need help with parts, assuming you don't have a caseIH dealer close.

The forum at www.redpowermagazine.com is another good source of information.

Al

Farmall H, it looks like everything is there except fenders (which I
understand were an add on when it was bought new).  My son-in-law drove it
6 miles from the property of the former owner to our Pharm, so it runs
fairly well, but he did comment that one front wheel (narrow front end)
wobbled if he turned sharp or hit a "pot hole"- any ideas if this is wheel
bearing or worn axle shaft?  Since this is my 1st Farmall, it didn't come
with manuals, where is the best source of both owner's & shop manuals?  The
front grill has a space of about 3 inches high & 6 inches wide at the
bottom, I have seen photos of other 40 H's with the same slot & others
without, does anyone know if that is an "after market" cut out or was it
from the factory & for what purpose.  Thanks for any help you can give.