[AT] new project

Bruce Moden brucemoden at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 24 07:56:48 PDT 2009

I just bought an old tractor for a new restore project.  It is a 1940 Farmall H, it looks like everything is there except fenders (which I understand were an add on when it was bought new).  My son-in-law drove it 6 miles from the property of the former owner to our Pharm, so it runs fairly well, but he did comment that one front wheel (narrow front end) wobbled if he turned sharp or hit a "pot hole"- any ideas if this is wheel bearing or worn axle shaft?  Since this is my 1st Farmall, it didn't come with manuals, where is the best source of both owner's & shop manuals?  The front grill has a space of about 3 inches high & 6 inches wide at the bottom, I have seen photos of other 40 H's with the same slot & others without, does anyone know if that is an "after market" cut out or was it from the factory & for what purpose.  Thanks for any help you can give.
Pharmr