[AT] Loader Hydraulics

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sat Oct 24 04:20:04 PDT 2009

I would not use anything smaller than a 12 gpm pump.  Some of the old
4010 Deeres had a 4 gpm pump.  So they had some rather small loader
cylinders on the early loaders.  I have a 6gpm pump on a farmhand loader
with 3 in cylinders and it takes forever to raise.  It is good when you
are positioning things to hook up.  My new Case JX85 has a Rhino loader
with 3 inch cylinders and it only has a 14gpm pump on the tractor
hydraulics and it raises the loader very well.  It also has the controls
plumbed into the main line instead of running off the remotes.

Cecil in OKla