[AT] Farmall 656

Moseley, Richard rickmoseley at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Oct 23 12:22:45 PDT 2009

Thanks Charlie; that's a good idea.

RM

-----Original Message-----
From: at-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com [mailto:at-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com] On Behalf Of charliehill
Sent: Friday, October 23, 2009 11:49 AM
To: Antique tractor email discussion group
Subject: Re: [AT] Farmall 656

Rick, I can't help you with the tractor it's self but while you are waiting
for parts and info try this.  Drain the hydaulic oil into a clean container
and let it sit for several days.  Then pour it off or draw it off slowly
from the top and filter or strain it.  Most of the trash should stay in the
bottom of the container.  It might help to put a magnet in the bottom of the
container.  While it is out flush the hydaulic housing with kerosene or
diesel, let it drain out  well and then sacrifice a couple of quarts of oil
by pouring them through so that they push out the last of the diesel or
kero.  When you get it cleaned up and re-filled with the old fluid you
should only have to replace a small quantity of fluid.  Even if the old
fluid doesn't look that good it should be ok for you to test run the
tractor.  Then  you can replace it with fresh if you feel the need.

Charlie