[AT] Pertronix was: Generator ...

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Thu Oct 22 09:08:10 PDT 2009

Yep, I agree Ralph.  I've had big block engines in other vehicles and small
block chevy's, olds, etc with rear distributor.  They are bad enough but
they are lower to the ground.  It is all I can do anymore to step in the
hole in the bumper on the C65 and pull myself up in front.  Then  I still
have to climb up on the motor.  Using a step or ladder doesn't do much good
either.  I usually find a young jack leg mechanic to do it but finding a
jack leg mechanic now days that knows how to set the dwell on GM points is
not easy.  Unless they are drag racers they've hardly ever seen one.