[AT] Pertronix was: Generator ...

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Thu Oct 22 08:57:44 PDT 2009

Charlie, your C65 might be a good candidate for installing the later style
electronic ignition that requires little to no maintenance. I know those
rear mount GM distributors are pretty inaccessible as I have one on my 403
Olds in the pickup truck. Maybe I've just been lucky but in the 23 years
since I installed the engine I don't recall ever having to open up the
distributor cap on it.
Only disadvantage I can see is that electronic ignition systems don't seem
to give you any warning they are going to fail, just up and quit whereas the
old points type will usually give some warning and can be patched up enough
to get you home if they fail on the road.

Ralph in Sask.