[AT] Pertronix was: Generator ...

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Thu Oct 22 06:22:14 PDT 2009

Cecil, I don't know which is worse, standing on your head to get at the
dist. on the 292 or crawling over the top of the big block in my 75 C-65.
For those that might be tempted, DON'T EVER buy a C60 or 65 series Chevy or
GMC truck if it isn't new enough to have the tilt over hood.  The
distributor on mine is jammed right up against the firewall and close to the
hood.  Once you get yourself up there in the engine bay, either with your
legs down between the engine and the firewall or by basically laying on top
of the engine then there is no room for your head to see what you are doing.
It's a job for a little bitty fellow who can crawl up in there.  I don't
fit.
If I had some help around it would be easier to take the hood off first.

Charlie