[AT] Pertronix was: Generator ...

Easley, Greg EasleyG at health.missouri.edu
Tue Oct 20 06:44:40 PDT 2009

I just bought a Pertronix pickup and ignition coil for my MM R.
Was right at $140 for both pieces.  Ballasting is critical with these
to prevent frying the electronics so I always buy the internally ballasted
Pertronix coil when I install a pickup.  An added benefit of the coil is
a hotter spark which allows opening the plug gap .010"-.015" compared to
what you need with points.  That helps a lot to keep the plugs clean in
engines that don't get much hard running, or that are jetted very rich.
This is the third tractor that I've converted to the Pertronix.  Love em.

Greg
http://www.geocities.com/heartland/woods/1416