[AT] TMCOTKU tractor count is down by one.

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Mon Oct 19 09:33:02 PDT 2009

charliehill wrote:
> Farmer,  the TO35 my uncle had when I was a boy had a two stage clutch.  If
> I remember right, half way down would allow you to change gears. All the way
> down stopped the PTO.  However, I don't think I ever ran his tractor with a
> PTO powered implement on it so I may be wrong about that.  I am, however,
> sure that it had a two stage clutch.

The TO-35 came in two flavors. There was the basic 35 without much on it
(basically a larger TO-20) and there was the TO-35 Deluxe.
The Deluxe had power steering, live PTO with ground engaging option, two
stage clutch, spin out rims, wider rear tires, and most had a REAL
useful feature, headlight eyebrows!!!!
They both had live hydraulics. And a port option was available, You just
removed two plugs and screwed in the fittings for the ports.

They were much more advanced than most of the other tractors of the era,
today they are a bit dated, but they can still hold their own on a farm.

I now own one that had been THOROUGHLY used on the old farm. It was the
primary tractor for many years and shows it... Nothing a few dollars
won't cure but some of the flaws will always stay, I mean how can you
remove the dent in the hood caused by your father falling out of the
barn.....

--
Steve W.