[AT] OT... sort of

Al Jones farmallsupera at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 18 19:13:55 PDT 2009

Thanks for mentioning this!  Where'd you get the turntable??

Every now and then, some LP's will show up on Ebay from the "John Lander's
Hit Music USA" radio show. They were sort of an 80's pop countdown show.
They came on the local radio station every Sunday night and I would have it
on while I was doing my homework. I would have been in the 8th or 9th
grade.  This was when '80s hairbands--Bon Jovi, Whitesnake, Poison, etc.
were on mainstream pop radio, and heaven help me, I do enjoy that kind of
cheezy music.  Best part was they would also routinely play some old comedy
routines from Dr. Dimento, Weird Al Yankovic, etc.

Anyway I have several records here now I would like to convert to a CD so I
could listen at will....

Al

a blast. It got me to wondering if anyone on the list has ever done this?
I have 100's of vinyl albums that I fear might one day get damaged, so I am
preserving the songs on the computer.

> It's inexpensive and easy to do.  A $70 USB turntable and some free
software is all you need. They didn't have "She thinks my tractor's sexy"
back when vinyl was popular (please note the obligatory reference to
tractors).