[AT] OT... sort of

Dick Day ddss at telebeep.com
Sun Oct 18 18:42:31 PDT 2009

I'm sitting here "ripping" my old albums to digital MP3 files and having a blast. It got me to wondering if anyone on the list has ever done this?  I have 100's of vinyl albums that I fear might one day get damaged, so I am preserving the songs on the computer.

It's inexpensive and easy to do.  A $70 USB turntable and some free software is all you need. They didn't have "She thinks my tractor's sexy" back when vinyl was popular (please note the obligatory reference to tractors).

Anyone else tried or thinking of trying this?

Dick