[AT] TMCOTKU tractor count is down by one.

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 08:49:58 PDT 2009

Since I retired (I wish that meant I had more time) I have been
selling much of my farm equipment off slowly. I had not intended to
sell any tractors but Yesterday I sold my little Yanmar 1500 Diesel.
Some of you saw it at Portland. It is a great little tractor but at my
age, weight, knee condition and shoe size it just was not fitting in
for me. Never fear, it will be replaced...  :-)
I'm not even entirely sure that using it didn't even bring on and
aggravate my left knee problem. It is the most difficult tractor on
the farm to mount and dismount. Even son Scott had a tough time
getting his feet in place with work shoes on. Fortunately the new
owner is close to 40 years younger, 140 pounds lighter and wears a
size 8 1/2 shoe instead of a size 13. :-)  He should be fine.
There are some pictures of it in the ad on Craig's List:
http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/grd/1423855824.html
I'm leaving the ad up until he actually picks it up and pays me
Tuesday. I wasn't sure he was going to buy it, it was competing with a
bathroom remodel that he was trying to convince his wife that they
could postpone. :-)
I would really like to replace it with another small Ford or Ferguson.
An NAA would serve well for my purposes. Actually a 9N or 8N would
work OK but the live hydraulics of the NAA would be nice. Live PTO
isn't all that important to me. I am trying to recall if the Ferguson
TO-35 had live hydraulics on it or not. Those are pretty scarce around
here. 3 point hitch is pretty much required. My Case VAC could be
fixed up to do what I want but it will take some time and I want
another small one to use now.
My one big thing is to get something as easy to mount / dismount as my TO-20.
There is an original and solid looking 9N near here for $1,000 that is
tempting. I say it looks original... It is part red. I think that
there are only about 7 in the country that have not been repainted as
red bellies. :-)
There is another just a little higher that has a Sherman overdrive.
Then again this one looks very good...
http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/grd/1400921933.html
And looks to be a lot less work than this one:
http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/grd/1424409772.html
Wow, a 9N without a red belly:
http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/grd/1426532375.html
A little more than I want to spend:
http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/grd/1406925126.html
-
I'll soon find something. I'll probably wait until I get my farm cash
rent check next month.
Of course I don''t have to have one (shhhh, say that quietly) but I
want to be able to switch between several jobs daily and do not want
to be changing implements several time a day. Neither do I want to be
jockeying 50+ HP class tractors around in tiny spaces.

--
Have you hugged your horses today?

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"