[AT] Generator LP fuel consumption

Dick Day ddss at telebeep.com
Sat Oct 17 20:39:59 PDT 2009

Cecil,

I have a Generac 7.5KW gas unit that has maybe 1 hour on since we bought it
4 years ago.  Prior to us buying it, it seemed like we were in the dark at
least several times each year. Now that we own one.... :)

I have a fascination of generators, not sure why.  I've looked at the
pto-driven units that both Northern and Harbor Freight carry.  If Generacs
really are junk, should we consider moving to one of the pto units?  Last
year, we dodged the black-out bullet by half a mile. People that close to us
were without power for up to 3 weeks.  Our lights flickered and that was
all.

One of these times we will need the generator and now I'm concerned that
maybe buying the Generac was a mistake.

Suggestions?  Comments on what's wrong with that brand?

Thanks for the info.

Dick