[AT] Air lines, now Water Lines

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sat Oct 17 05:42:37 PDT 2009

Hi Farmer,

I didn't mean to imply that there was anything wrong with PVC.

Another advantage of PEX for house plumbing is that it's cheap enough that
you can fab up a manifold and "homerun" all of your lines so that they go
from the manifold directly to one fixture.  By doing that, if you ever do
have a problem all you have to do is pull out and replace one run of pipe
and all of the fittings are outside of walls and chases.  That might be a
bit of overkill but some folks like to do things like that.  I have one
friend who never really had to worry about money.  When he built his house
he ran every electric outlet, light fixture and appliance on seperate wires
"homerun" back to a huge panel in his basement.   Or actually a bunch of
panels linked together.  Every lamp, recepticle, etc. is on it's own
breaker.   Now that's overkill but when he has a problem he surely knows
where to look!

Charlie

Charlie