[AT] strawbale gasifier

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Thu Oct 15 06:10:53 PDT 2009

That strawbale gasifier is just what I was thinking of.  However not so
sophisticated...  Enough to heat a shop and a house with hot water
heating...  I would think that 20 bales of hay would get me through the
winter here.  That would be about $500 that I did not get sold..  I sell
my hay too cheap, but I do sell it. I baled for a neighbor who had this
high priced Bermuda.  He had $32 a bale in it in fertilizer.  We sold 2
years production when he decided to sell all of this tractors and
equipment at $25 per bale.  He would get $60 a bale from the horse
owners when things were going good.  I am selling
Johnson grass to these same folks for $35 and they are happy to get it.

However, with $43K in tractors $10K in a baler, $4k mower, and $2k rake,
  $7k in a baler, not to mention the $2k diesel fuel bill, it takes a
lot of  $35 bales to pay for it....

Cecil in OKla