[AT] gasifiers

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Thu Oct 15 04:20:25 PDT 2009

Mattias at least you know enough to know it was German.  It could have been
one of a dozen or so languages as far as I knew,

The guy in that German video said he was getting the equivalent of about 110
liters of oil per bale.  That was a pretty complex rig they had and a home
built probaby wouldn't get those kinds of numbers but if you have the straw,
bale it to get it out of your field and don't have a market for it, it is
certainly better to get something out of it rather  than let is sit in the
hedgerows.   I don't know that  I'll ever build one but I'm keeping my eyes
open for scrap metal pieces and parts that I think might work as components.
If I can find enough stuff free or cheap I might try it.   We take for
granted in this country that we will ALWAYS have fuel and a somewhat stable
economy.  Lately,  I'm not so sure.  There are certainly forces in this
world that would like to disrupt our lives.  It's nice to know how to get by
if things go bad.  Some on this list probably lived throught the great
depression.  I know my parents did.

Charlie