[AT] OT Gasifiers

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Wed Oct 14 08:28:15 PDT 2009

Steve, that is why I am studying it now.  To see if it's feasible to do and
if so to start making plans for it before I need it.  I shared this with the
list for two reasons; to see if anyone here had any knowledge or direct
experience with gasification and to share it with my friends so you all
could consider it if you like.

I'm not proposing running engines with it necessarily.  There are other uses
such as firing a boiler to turn a steam turbine, etc.  There is a huge wood
engergy plant in my county that does exactly that.   They "burn" waste wood
to produce steam for our industrial park and they are very successful and
efficient at it.  I don't know their exact process but I'm pretty sure it is
not just a "burn".  I have all ideas that they are essentially a
gasification plant because they have very little stack emissions and their
by product is something that looks very much like bio char and it is being
spread on farm land in the area.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother.  I tried to share this stuff with you with
good intent and all it get back is na-saying and arguement.  If you don't
like the idea just forget about it and move on.  I know a man that used to
make a 6 figure salary selling Encylopedia Britanica.  In the early 80's
some of us tried to tell him what was about to happen to his industry.  He
refuesed to listen.  About 10 years later they put him out to pasture and
without about 90% of the pension he had earned.  Things are changing rapidly
in this country.  If you don't keep your ear to the ground and look for
alternatives you might get left behind.

Charlie