[AT] OT Gasifiers

Mattias Kessén davidbrown950 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 22:39:11 PDT 2009

We usually measures wood in cubic meters then there are a lot of different
cubic meters some for firewood and even more for the wood industry. My guess
is that they mean cubic meters of fine chopped wood, cause in
the Swedish site they mention some 6600 liters and firewood isn't usually
measured in liters.

Bob, I wasn't aware of this workshop. I wasn't really this aware that gengas
was this hot again. Gengas is something that remembers people of the misery
(not that we really suffered) during the war, it's a dirty
handling, inefficient and dangerous.

The most common way of producing gas here now is through rotting of left
overs and manure etc. Here's a link to the bio gas powered team that
finished 7th in the Swedish touring car championship (STCC). There is
a dairy farm a few mile from our new place producing this kind of gas,
they're using it to produce electricity. They calculate that they will
produce twice as much as they need. the gas though is to unpure to be used
in cars and tractors for gas(not petrol) have never existed in Europe
anyway.

Some quick answers/thoughts.

Mattias