[AT] OT Gasifiers

Roy Morgan k1lky at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 12 17:56:19 PDT 2009

On Oct 12, 2009, at 12:44 PM, charliehill wrote:...
> With the uncertainty in the world right now, I'm thinking having one
> of
> those rigs might come in handy.

Gasifier folks,

We have heard that cows produce more methane than most (any?) other
sources.  We have had this summer a herd of about 60 heifers across
the road from us, but it does not seem to be a problem for us at all.
Perhaps the clear Upstate New York air disperses the output quickly.

There is an "opportunity" here at home though. We have a corgi dog of
some age that is able to basically clear the room with a
"gassification event".  It there is any correlation between the
potency of the gas produced and the energy available, we are going to
be all set for fuel if we can only harness the gas.  I imagine some
sort of light weight rear-end enclosure for the dog with a temporary
collection system to allow him to move around at will most of the
time.  Perhaps a connection to the wood stove would be simple enough
to build and allow a boost to the household heat.

Comments welcome.

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky at earthlink.net